Sunday 23 January 2011

Sunbaked Goodness

Why is it 9.15 on a Sunday night & I don't feel like I've acheived much this weekend!  I'd anticipated a whole weekend of uninterupted beading, well ok, not the WHOLE weekend, but a majority of it.  I started out with all good intentions, but I remembered I had to write a letter & then I ended up doing some shredding of old paperwork & doing other various "admin" type things, then as I'd complained that the weather had turned colder I insisted on going out & getting some firewood so we could enjoy our open fire, and then to enjoy the open fire properly I thought I'd have a nice relaxing bath, then I'd do some beading ... deffinately... Around 7pm last night I felt so guilty about not making any jewellery I surrounded myself with beads & made some gorgeous gemstone bracelets ... then drank 2 glasses of wine to celebrate.

I purposely left all my beads, tools & equipment out last night so I'd have absolutely no excuse to crack on today. Yeah, you guessed it, more procrastination & distractions!  My lovely hairdresser came round to do my colour & I ended up having a trim too, and it always takes longer than we mean to because we get chatting!  Of course, before settling down to some serious beading I had to pop out & get my Dad a new lamp for his room (the carers seem to keep breaking them, not sure what they're doing?!), and as I was out I had to run a couple of small errands & get to an ATM.

I finally did manage to make 3 gemstone necklaces.  All these gemstone pieces are being stocked up for an exciting new adventure for me, which I'll fill you in on another time.


I also finished a set I'd been working on, the focal beads are Sunbaked Beads by glass lampwork artist Lush Lampwork, they are beautiful silverwrapped beads in toning shades of summer.  I've teamed them with Tibetan Silver heart shaped beads & sparkle beads, the necklace is a choker style strung on memory wire.  This bright & colourful collection is just what we need to shake off the January Blues.  This is a sneak preview, the set is not currently availble on my Misi or Etsy stores, the first time they'll be available is at my stand at Sony on Friday 11th February.

Just leaves me to annouce the winner of last weeks Prize Draw, the name chosen at random is Greta Wall, congratulations Greta, I'll arrange to pass on the bracelet to you.

Have a good rest of the weekend (what little there is of it!)

Kendra x



www.spellboundjewellery.co.uk
www.facebook.com/spellboundjewelleryuk

No comments:

Post a Comment