Sunday 9 January 2011

Happy New 2011

Well a belated Happy New Year to you all!

My Dad is finally out of hospital & despite our worries, the powers that be have said they believe he is well enough to go back to his own home rather than a nursing home.

I don't really do New Years Resolutions, mostly because I believe that if you are going to do something you should do it because you really want to, not just because it's a New Year & a "new start", but probably more likely that I don't tend to stick to things like join the gym, eat less etc because they don't really motivate me!  

Having said that, there a few things I've made a mental list of that I'd really like to achieve this year:

1) I want to attempt at least one of the things in Kirsties Homemade Home book (lovely Christmas present!), just to try something new, even if it is something small! 

2)I want to attend a copperfoiling course to gain more skills working with glass, I really enjoy fusing glass for my pendants, rings & cufflinks but I'm interested in expanding to work on small glass projects like trinket boxes & mirrors. 

3)I have my Mum's old sewing machine, I know how to use a sewing machine but threading this one totally befuddles me.  I'd like to learn how to thread this machine so I can work on a project I have in mind.  More on the project another time!




Finally my Tibetan Silver beads have arrived in the post, delayed due to the snow they arrived just after the New Year break, so this weekend I've made some Bedazzle Bracelets, these are proving to be really popular & I sold out before Christmas.


So sparkly & shiny!  These are now for sale on my Misi Store along with two new Enchanted Bracelets, these bracelets have been made using beads from one of my favourite Lampwork Artists, Lush Lampwork.


Don't forget, I'm having a January Sale on my Etsy Store, 15% off when you quote FACEBOOK15 at checkout, but please "like" my Spellbound Jewellery page on Facebook first!  This code will only work on my Etsy Store, if you would like to use this discount on any items on my Misi Store then please e-mail me & quote the discount code & we can arrange.


That's all for now, time for a cup of tea! x

No comments:

Post a Comment