Friday 3 December 2010

Frosted Snow Queen

Until almost a year ago I used to love the snow, until I slipped in the ice & broke my arm in 5 places (ouch!).  I don't remember the last time it snowed before Christmas in the area I live & although it looks really pretty & gives me that festive feeling ... I've not ventured very far!
So with the snow & my Lego Advent Calendar making me think even more about Christmas, I busied myself yesterday writing Christmas Cards & wrapping Christmas Presents to stave off the cabin fever ... all very well & good until I realised I have to venture to the Post Office at somepoint to buy stamps to post the cards. 
I was pondering upon the snow & wondered what jewellery the Snow Queen would be wearing, so I made an EmBracelet & some earrings fit for a Frosted Snow Queen, & I thought it would be fun to photograph them in the snow.  I think the Snow Queen loved the jewellery so much she stole the earrings out of my pocket when I wasn't looking, I had them in my pocket when I went out the front door, but after the few steps to the table where I was doing the photography they had disappeared!

So I sulked a little at losing the earrings (I'm sure they'll show up) and made some skull earrings from the hematite skull beads I brought at the London Bead Fair!  Both the skull earrings & the Frosted Snow Queen EmBracelet are available on my Etsy Store.

I'm off now to see how slippery it is outside before deciding about the stamps...



Kendra x

No comments:

Post a Comment