Sunday 12 December 2010

A Bit Of Christmas Nostalgia

This week I've been finding it difficult to get into the Christmas Spirit.  It was all going so well, my presents were wrapped & my cards were written.  Last Saturday I also did my last stall before Christmas, at St Peter's Church in Staines.  It's the 2nd time I've taken a stall there, most of the stalls are run by the church community with just myself & another stall (Wine, Cheese & Chocolate - yum!), that are invited to take stalls.  They are such lovely people & I always have such a fun time with them & I thoroughly enjoyed it, got me feeling really festive & I came away singing the 12 Days of Christmas, and then on Sunday we put up our Christmas Tree & decorations at home. 
Sadly I had some news about my father on Friday which means he'll need to go into a Nursing Home & now I need to start clearing my parents place that was their home for the last 35 years, that's a lot of memories and a lot of things that need to find a new home & recycled/re-used where possible.  Being so close to Christmas I've found it all a bit overwhelming but I'm determined to take it all in my stride.  


It's got me thinking about when I was a child looking forward to Christmas & I was busied with tasks of making paper snowflakes & covering them with glitter & making those paper chains out of gummed paper.  So to make me feel better (& sometimes you need a bit of distraction) I got my beads out & made a berry coloured beaded snowflake, a bit too late too late to start making & selling for this year, but I'm so pleased with it I may make a few as little gifts for friends & add them to my repetoire for Christmas 2011.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment